Python application deployment?

kkennedy titanrebel at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 18:26:09 EDT 2003

Is there a way to deploy the Python "runtime" with your Python
scripts?  I am only concerned with Windows (since most Linux distros
would already have it installed).  I would like it to be smaller than
the 7 MB download available from python.org, and be able to be
installed transparent to the user.  In other words, it would be nice
to be able to simply unzip the files needed to run my scripts without
the user having to download and install the full Python windows setup,
and then download and install my Python scripts seperately.

Are there any tools to make this doable by the common programmer?