make test fails on NetBSD 1.6

Carl Alexander carlggb at terc.edu
Fri Apr 18 22:09:59 EDT 2003

I'm new to Python.  Building 2.2.2 on NetBSD 1.6 seems to go fine, but I get
this from make test.  It's not quite clear to me how I should go about asking
"someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are expected to get skipped
on netbsd1".

[much output skipped]....
test_zipfile
test_zlib
166 tests OK.
1 test failed:
    test_threading
26 tests skipped:
    test_al test_asynchat test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dl
    test_email_codecs test_fork1 test_gdbm test_gl test_imgfile
    test_linuxaudiodev test_locale test_minidom test_nis test_pyexpat
    test_queue test_sax test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
    test_sunaudiodev test_thread test_threaded_import
    test_threadedtempfile test_winreg test_winsound
Ask someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are
expected to get skipped on netbsd1.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/local/src/Python-2.2.2