Tkinter exit problem in Win98

eltronic at juno.com eltronic at juno.com
Tue Apr 29 09:50:33 EDT 2003

> > Has anyone encountered a problem with Tkinter apps
> shutting down properly in Wi98?

use pythonw.exe  yourTk.py
or python.exe -i yourTk.py
or ren someTk.py someTk.pyw which opens with pythonw

ive changed my double click open of py files to an editor
too avoid the problem. you can also add
python.exe -i %1 %*  somewhere in the registry
to always open py file in the interactive mode.

if you python -i some.py from a dos window
when the program finishes your left with a prompt

if you ^Z  control+Z to exit python you also exit the
dos window. that seems too harsh.
the pdb debugger is much better, it accepts a q to quit.

> That is the oldes Python-Bug, see www.python.org/sf/216289
> Nobody has been able so far to study in detail what is causing
> the problem and how it could be fixed.

is it still a problem in python2.3 with Tk8.4, anyone?

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!