Forgetting "()" when calling methods

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 28 09:57:34 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1051490148.16068.python-list at python.org>,
Steven Taschuk  <staschuk at telusplanet.net> wrote:
>Quoth Aahz:
>> In article <mailman.1051376980.15852.python-list at python.org>,
>> Steven Taschuk  <staschuk at telusplanet.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>It would be nice to be able to point people at a good on-line
>>>debugging tutorial for beginners; anybody know of such a thing?)
>>
>> Doing a Google for "debugging tutorial" pulls this as the top link:
>> http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/debug.html
>
>   [...]
>Of course, if I'd wanted to know what Google thinks, I'd have
>asked Google.  Perhaps you were wondering why I didn't; I'm hoping
>that one of the experienced teachers who posts here might make a
>recommendation backed by their experience.  That would carry much
>more weight (with me, at least) than Google's page rank.

What I didn't mention is that I used to go to UC Davis; while I never
took a class from Professor Matloff, I know him by reputation.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93