Forgetting "()" when calling methods

Klaus Meyer km-news1 at onlinehome.de
Sat Apr 26 15:18:37 EDT 2003

> Hm.  Yes and no.  In many cases such a mistake will make the code
> fail dramatically with an informative exception.

Yeah, fine -  we have no problem to notice this bug! :-)

My example shout only show, that we have a mix of values and functions,
returning values.
An example of an unnoticed, critical error-case gave the OP.

> and just makes your program behave strangely.  I don't think
> there's any good technological solution here (see below); my
> feeling is that one just needs good troubleshooting skills.

You are right. I had made this error maybe 2 or 3 times and found the bug
fast and without problems.
But because it's a simple "typing error" or so, i am not save to make this
error again... :-(

--
Gruß - regards Klaus :-)