Python, XML and ECMAScript for XML?

Mark Watts mwatts3 at stny.rr.com
Wed Apr 2 16:15:40 EST 2003

I am fairly new to python so please forgive me if this has already been
asked and answered even though the topic is pretty new.  Appropriate
googling has been done....

This article discusses some languages changes made by BEA to ECMAScript
(JavaScript) that permit easier XML manipulation.  I am NOT an XML
expert but reading the article, it sure seems that the changes might
actually make XML easier to handle.  These changes have been submitted
to ECMA for integration into the standard and ECMA appears to have
agreed to add the changes although we won't know until the new spec
comes out Q1 2004.

http://dev2dev.bea.com/articles/JSchneider_XML.jsp

The ECMA announcement can be found at

http://www.ecma-international.org/news/ECMA%20E4X%20Final%20Final.pdf

My question:  Has anyone looked at doing something similar in Python or
has it already been done.

--
Thanks
- Mark