DVD on Mdk 9.1: VideoLan works, but what about Xine?

Iwan van der Kleyn none at none.com
Wed Apr 2 16:32:15 EST 2003

I've installed the VideoLan client to play DVD (including encrypted) on
Mandrake 9.1. I've been using it for the last year and a half on several
distrubutions and it works reliably. Check out
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-mandrake.html

However, from several earlier posts I understand that it is possible to
use Xine to play encrypted DVD's. Not out of the box of course, but
through one or more plugins. However, I've not been able to get it
working. Can anyone point to a HOW-TO or other resource which describes
how to enable Xine for DVD playback?

Regards,

Iwan