Python-2.3b1.exe install error on W98se

Anton Vredegoor anton at vredegoor.doge.nl
Mon Apr 28 09:25:17 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

>Hmm.... clearly the download was unsuccessful.  In fact, Python 2.3b1
>*has* grown to over 1.8G, and you didn't wait long enough to download
>the whole thing.  (Are you on dialup or something?)  The reason for
>the new, much larger installation package, in addition to all the new
>features which were crammed in at the last minute, is that the PSU

Last minute? That must be the sum builtin then. This finally proves
that using reduce results in shorter code :-) Ok, having a little fun
is nice, but please lets not forget that this really happening on
three W98se machines here. No one else has confirmed this result yet,
so I can't be sure whether it's a local issue or not.

Anton