Python-2.3b1.exe install error on W98se

Anton Vredegoor anton at vredegoor.doge.nl
Mon Apr 28 18:18:36 EDT 2003

Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote:

>IE, or vice versa).  Since I wasn't looking over your shoulder, I'm afraid I
>can't point at anything insane you may have done <wink>.

You want insanity? I've got a whacky modem that consistently refuses
to agree with itself over a small range of Python-2.3b1.exe's data, no
matter which way I try to download it. Please run this program and
show me the output and I will be able to complete Python-2.3b1.exe
myself.

Anton

def main():
    data = file("Python-2.3b1.exe",'rb').read()
    R = xrange(15800,16200)
    for i in R:
        print '%4i' %ord(data[i]),
        if  (i+1) % 10 == 0: