How many of you are Extreme Programmers?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 16 14:24:07 EDT 2003

Quoth sismex01 at hebmex.com:
  [...]
> Many of us have used XP techniques without actually knowing
> that our methodology was labelled as "XP", it comes natural
> in the scope of our tools and goals.
>
> Tool:   Python.
> Goal:   Write specs-conforming programs and modules.
> Method: Create tests which verify the code.
>
> I don't know; "OOP", "XP", "Structured Programming", etc.. are
> all monickers, buzzwords, fads, which come and go; [...]

To be fair, there's a great deal more to XP than just writing
tests (as two minutes on the web will show you).  And verifying
conformance to specs is only a small part of the function of tests
in XP, or in TDD generally.

The hype may well be annoying -- it annoys me, certainly -- but
that doesn't mean the methodologies are in fact substanceless,
or not worth learning about.

Steven Taschuk                               staschuk at telusplanet.net
"What I find most baffling about that song is that it was not a hit."
                                          -- Tony Dylan Davis (CKUA)