use for jython?

Markku Hänninen hmm at iki.fi
Tue Apr 1 06:23:24 EST 2003

"A Nilsson" <anders at gamebox.net> writes:
> I am just curious: is there anyone using jython for a "real"
> project or is it just useful for quick-and-dirty java tests?

We have embedded Jython to our Java/J2EE-product as a scripting language.

I have also delivered some servlets to a customer using jython. The original
plan was to prototype with jython and write the actual code in java but
the schedule was so tight that we ended up shipping the jython code. The
customer has actually already done some own servlets with jython after
that (without any knowledge of it before).

I personally think that Jython will be a "killer" in that sense that it
combines the vast available Java-libraries with the ease of Python and would
like to see that Jython would follow the Python releases more closely.

--
   Markku Hänninen     /
     hmm at iki.fi       /   "Actually it works, it just doesn't look that way."