Finding Python help...

Steve Cassidy steve.cassidy at mq.edu.au
Tue Apr 1 07:18:25 EST 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:14:07 +1000, Steve Cassidy <steve.cassidy at mq.edu.au> wrote:
>

>>One problem I'm having learning (and teaching) Python is finding help on
>> some parts of the language. I'm wondering if I'm just looking the
>>wrong way...

Thanks for the responses to this query. I've learned a little more about
working in the Python world.

One thing that struck me learning Python having been a long time Tcl
coder was the difference between built in and library functions in terms
of level and location of documentation. I'm a Linux user and I'm used to
either man pages or web based help. I did find the full text search
available in the windows ActivePython distributiton the most useful but
since that's not my main platform it doesn't help day to day.

Cheers,

Steve