Visio like library for Python?

Johannes Eble skywalkerpackage at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:55:00 EDT 2003

Hello community,

is there a library available for Python that behaves similar to MS
Visio? For example, I would like to create vector graphic objects and
connect the with a line. If I move, flip or rotate a connected object,
the line should follow the connection.

I would like to draw UML diagrams.

There is an open-source application called dia
(http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/) which comes near to what I
want.

But the program is in c and it is tightly coupled with GTK+. It seems
to be an impossible mission to control dia from another program, at
least in Windows.

If something like this isn't available for Python, a simple vector
graphic library could be useful as well. The file format should be XML
based (like the dia format).

Any pointers are appreciated.

Regards

Johannes