Stackless 3.0 alpha 1 at blinding speed

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Apr 23 07:55:26 EDT 2003

Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> writes:

> Continuations allow you to do whacky upside down things like make a
> function return, say, TWICE. :)

Which is part of the attraction.  I've done this, sort of: it was a
simulator for a non-deterministic system, and so sometimes you didn't
know which of two things was going to happen.  The "obvious" solution
was to return from that function twice.

The irritating bit was that this was written in C++ and so involved
packing and unpacking state into data structures in a tedious way.
There wasn't so much state that this was too annoying, but scheme
would have made things easier, I suspect.

Cheers,
M.

--
  ARTHUR:  But which is probably incapable of drinking the coffee.