Pythonic way of web-programming

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sun Apr 6 14:39:53 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 06:21, Giorgi wrote:
> > But I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have more cohesion... that's
> > just not the way it is now.  It's harder to make it happen, because
> > unlike Java or .NET, the Python community is not a top-down community.
> > Guido has some authority, but I think he's almost as much a decision
> > process as a decider -- he decides on things where there's some level of
> > consensus in the community, and doesn't make dictates otherwise.  The
> > standard library has some authority, but its fairly neutral on these
> > things.  Besides that there's no authority at the moment.
> >
> Well, maybe we should establish an advisory board? :)

I just recently proposed a web-sig, which is just a mailing list, but
from there I'm hoping we can get developers from the various frameworks
talking together and maybe make some progress.  I'm just waiting on the
mailing list to be created.  Here's my proposal:
  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/meta-sig/2003-March/001246.html

You can email meta-sig at python.org if you think it's a good idea.

  Ian