*Newbie Question* --> Is it viable to distribute Python apps over the Internet?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Apr 23 13:09:37 EDT 2003

On 22 Apr 2003 07:25:54 -0700,
	Graham Fawcett <graham__fawcett at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I guess the moral of the story is, "contribute some time to
> PyPI/Distutils development."  Or, befriend a PyPI/Distutils developer
> and send him food and get-out-of-work-free tickets. ;-)

Contribute time, not money.  Money does not make interested developers
materialize, and money doesn't help figure out what to do.  The great
problem is that no one is particularly interested in improving Python's
packaging, not even to the extent of offering opinions on concrete proposals
or trying out code.

(Things that might help: join the Catalog-SIG and try a system that someone
else has built.  Comment on existing proposals like PEPs 262 and 314.
Review the existing code and offer patches.)

--amk                                                    (www.amk.ca)
TAMORA: O cruel, irreligious piety!
      -- _Titus Andronicus_, I, i