PyQt setup on Linux Mandrake 8.2

Colin Brown cbrown at metservice.com
Sun Sep 22 21:41:21 EDT 2002

"dwelch" <dwelch91 at nospam.attbi.com> wrote in message
news:3D8B4898.20808 at nospam.attbi.com...

> I would like to setup PyQt 3.4 on my Mandrake 8.2 box.
> ----snip----

Hi Don

I few months ago I installed PyQt under Mandrake Linux 8.2 for i586
and ended up doing the following:

Put tmake_1.8.tar.gz into /usr/local
Put sip-3.3.2.tar.gz into /usr/local
Put PyQt_3.3.2.tar.gz into /usr/local

gunzip tmake_1.8.tar.gz
tar -xvf tmake_1.8.tar
gunzip sip-3.3.2.tar.gz
tar -xvf sip-3.3.2.tar.gz
gunzip PyQt_3.3.2.tar.gz
tar -xvf PyQt_3.3.2.tar.gz

TMAKEPATH=/usr/local/tmake_1.8/lib/linux-g++
export TMAKEPATH

cd /usr/local/sip-3.3.2
python build.py -q /usr/lib/qt2 -i /usr/lib/qt2/include -g
/usr/local/tmake_1.8/bin/tmake -l qt-mt
make
make install

cd /usr/local/PyQt_3.3.2
python build.py -q /usr/lib/qt2 -g /usr/local/tmake_1.8/bin/tmake -l qt-mt
make
make install

I hope you find this useful.

There was a compile error that have yet to follow up on to do with glu but
apart from that I ended up with a pyuic that works okay with output from
Qt_Designer except for the table and custom widgets. When I get time I
will follow up on these.

Cheers
Colin Brown
PyNZ