Diving into the Python pool....

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Mon Sep 9 19:35:19 EDT 2002

Hi Jordan;

(Firstly, you're likely to get more responses if you post in plain text and
not html - many people just delete such messages.)

In my personal opinion (one shared by many others), Python is THE language
for almost any development task. My background is with C, C++ and scripting
languages and a smattering of Java (which I happen to dislike intensely).

There are an enormous quantity of application development frameworks for
developing web apps with Python. The preeminenant one is Zope
(www.zope.org). You can find a wealth of additional information about Python
at www.python.org. You'll also find a link to the python wiki there and it
has many pointers to python web app frameworks, python advocacy and other
tools.

HTH,

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA