How to get memory usage on Windows?

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at philips.com
Mon Sep 23 06:22:52 EDT 2002

Emile van Sebille wrote:

> GerritM:
> [snip]
> > how much memory is used per phase and/or per function. Is there any
> function
> > returning this information. I noted that on Unix the resource module
> gives
> > access to this kind of information, but I could not find any Windows
> > alternative.
> >

> You could try pslist from the pstools package at www.sysinternals.com to
> get an idea of total memory in use by process.
>
> --
>
> Emile van Sebille
> emile at fenx.com

I tried pslist from www.sysinternals.com at a windows2000 machine, which
works!
According to their documentation it will not work on windows98.

Sysinternals provide an attractive set of utilities anyway.

Thanks for the pointer, Gerrit
Gerrit Muller                Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Building:   WDC 2 - 007              Prof. Holstlaan 4
Phone: +31 40 27 45242               5656 AA  Eindhoven
Fax:   +31 40 27 45033               The Netherlands
mailto:gerrit.muller at philips.com
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/index.html