ANN: Thinking in Tkinter

Tom Good Tom_Good1 at excite.com
Wed Sep 11 16:25:18 EDT 2002

steve at ferg.org (Stephen Ferg) wrote in message news:<b16e4ef7.0209062009.26e218e2 at posting.google.com>...
> A small page devoted to "Thinking in Tkinter"
> at http://www.ferg.org/thinking_in_tkinter/index.html

Cool stuff.  A couple of comments:

1. You might want to point out that we can enter and experiment with
simple Tkinter scripts interactively in PythonWin or IDLE.  This may
not be obvious to users who are new to Python.  There is something
satisfying about typing "root.mainloop()" into the interactive window
and seeing the Tkinter window immediately pop up :-)

2. In section (1) of tt020.py, it says 'The constructor method
recognizes the root under the name "parent".'  I think you meant to
say, 'under the name "myParent".'

Tom