Graph Layout Algorithms

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue Sep 10 15:49:42 EDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:37:00 +0100, "Duncan Smith" <buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Hello,
>         Just wondering if anyone has implemented anything in Python.  I
>need to lay out my graphs (directed acyclic / undirected / trees) in a
>reasonably clear way.  So if anyone has already implemented anything, or if
>anyone has advice on appropriate algorithms, I'd be glad to hear about it.
>Cheers.
>
>Duncan

IIRC Ka-Ping Yee made some beautiful pdf(?) plots of python data structures, but
I can't find anything right now. If the plotting software is open source and
Python, that would sure be a treat. I think Guido made reference to some of
the plots in some post.

Anyone know where that stuff is?

Regards,
Bengt Richter