general thoughts

Dave Gustafson DGustafson at attbi.com
Fri Sep 20 14:53:28 EDT 2002

> That sounds like either a "port" or a re-interpretation of the classic
> "The Little Lisper".

Yes, "The Little Schemer" is indeed a re-casting of "The Little Lisper"
which I believe was first published in 1974...  This is the 4th edition, 6th
printing.  Fun stuff, and certainly a decent way to get comfortable with
some of the cool things that can be done in Python.

> You should also of course have read "Structure And Interpretation of
> Computer Programs" by Hal Abelson and Gerry Sussman:
>
>   http://www-mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/
>
> The complete text is on that website now!

WOW and again backwards WOW
the "purple book" is on-line!
hadn't noticed that before...