Python's import: why doesn't it work?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 30 07:58:50 EDT 2002

"Paul Pichaureau" <paul.pichaureau at nospam.laposte.net> wrote in ...

> "Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
> mailman.1033322378.3697.python-list at python.org...
>
> > The docs are exactly as good as volunteers have made them (well,
actually
> > better, thanks to Fred <wink>).  When you find an explanation inadequate
> > your needs, suggesting specific improvements in the right place is the
> only
> > way it will improve.
>
>   Then, these are my suggestions to improve documentation on installing
and
> managing module :

[reasonable suggestions]

And one of the reasons the documentation doesn't improve faster is that
apparently intelligent people, confronted with an explicit quotation of
explicit adice about how to improve it *still* appear to think that a post
of c.l.py will suffice to make a change.

It can't be stated often enough: if you want a change made, SourceForge is
the appropriate place to suggest it. In the case of the documentation, Fred
Drake is very responsive, and emailing him via python-docs at python.org
usually works (but this makes extra work for Fred, who's probably busy
enough).

regards
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com