How to convert unicode

A printers at sendme.cz
Sat Sep 28 11:56:58 EDT 2002

Hi,
I have a script that downloads a webpage with  characters that are not plain ascii.From the
web page header I can find out that there is UTF-8 coding( Unicode). I can display the page
properly in a web browser if I send from my script
But I need to save the page( the text of the page) to a file and some time later import the text
to a database (MS Access or similar).
How can I download the file or write to a  file so that the characters will be properly display in
the file and in the database as well?
Thanks for help
Ladislav