Zope Documentation and example sites

Sam Alexander sam-nospam- at totallynerd.com
Mon Sep 23 11:58:37 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've just installed Zope, and now I'm trying to find reesources to
learn it.  I have a few questions along these lines...

1) What online resources are out there to help a newbie learn Zope?
I've downloaded the Zope Book, but it's a bit technical for my taste.
I'm looking for something with examples or tutorials showing how to do
some basic stuff from scratch.  Any suggestions?  Either online or
books ???

2) What sites are using Zope?  I've noticed most if not all the Zope
sites I've seen don't mention they're using Zope.  Can someone give me
some examples of sites which use Zope so I can get a better idea of
the type of layouts I can do with Zope?  I know it's very
programmable, but other then the Plone site (which is great), I'm not
sure what other sites use Zope.

3) Finally, I've never used Python, but I'm seasoned in Linux and in
web/app programming (Perl, PHP, C++, Cold Fusion, etc).  How long
would it take to learn Zope/python well enough to create a production
site?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.