win32comext problem w/adsi

Klaatu klaatu at nospam.invalid
Fri Sep 20 14:18:56 EDT 2002

Python 2.2.1, win32comext (win32all) 148, Windows 2000 SP3

I've installed the Win32 Extensions to Python from
http://starship.python.net/crew/skippy/win32/Downloads.html which states
that the 148 version is for Python 2.2. I also have Python 2.2.1 from
http://www.python.org/2.2.1

I'm just trying to run test.py stored in (on my system) "D:\Python22\Lib
\site-packages\win32comext\adsi". Executing

python test.py

from the command line gives me a dialog stating that "The dynamic link
library pythoncom21.dll could not be found in the specified path...",
followed by this traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 5, in ?
    from win32com.adsi import *
  File "D:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32comext\adsi\__init__.py", line
25, in
 ?
    from adsi import *

The string "pythoncom21.dll" is only found within one file: adsi.pyd in
that same folder. The DLL does not exist on my system. I do have a
pythoncom22.dll in my system32 folder.

Is this a problem with the Win32 Extensions package that the author of
the package will have to fix? Or is there something I can do to fix this
problem, given my fairly limited knowledge of Python. Any other
suggestions?

TIA