Suggesting a filename on a HTTP-request by sending someting in the header of the reply

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 20 03:37:45 EDT 2002

"Thomas Weholt" <2002 at weholt.org> writes:

> It seem to be the "dl"-part of the url above. I've tried to read the
> RFC 2616-document and sent "Content-Disposition"-headers etc. but
> with no luck.

You had no luck reading a document ?-)

What browser are you using? Many Mozilla releases ignore the
Content-Disposition field. Try downloading a patch from SourceForge
with your browser, and see whether it uses the SF file name, or
"download.php". SF works correctly in this respect, so if it won't
work for you, it's a browser bug.

Regards,
Martin