List/Tuple bug or feature?

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Wed Sep 25 10:50:38 EDT 2002

[Mahesh Padmanabhan]
> It is simply a list of constants so I could not generate it
> automatically. I then use this list to filter out one element of the
> list using the builtin filter function. I don't think I can break down
> the list so that I can view missing commas easier because all
> constants seem to logically group together. Something like this:
>
> constantList = [1,2,3,4,5]
>
> filteredList = filter(some_function, list)

How does the above example resemble your original problem, though?

You said it's a list of constants.  Are they stored in a file?  In what
format?  Do you see where my questions are leading?  I'm basically trying to
find out how you happened to get:

  ['constant1', 'constant2' 'constant3', 'constant4', ..., 'constantn']
                           ^
                            \-- missing comma

Cheers,

// mark