Python-mysql: Still stuck.

Joshua Schmidlkofer menion at asylumwear.com
Thu Oct 10 00:44:09 EDT 2002

Mongo,

 On a more significant note - python in your Redhat distro is NOT a cp,
but a hard-link. (It uses the same physical disk space) soooo If you run
python1.5, you will most likley get a python 2.2 interpreter.   The
correct solution is to rm python, then link, or cp it yourself, I prefer
a soft-link.  ( ln -s python2.2 python)

You can use midnight commander to re-extract just the python1.5 binary
from the redhat python archive.

Also a lot of Redhat utilities depend on /usr/bin/python, and it being
1.5, so I recommend that you grep for /usr/bin/python in the bin's, and
sbin's - looking for all those utilities that depend on Python being te
RH proprietary.

good luck,

 js