Python-mysql: Still stuck.

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Oct 10 07:29:00 EDT 2002

<mongo57a at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:3da4fd6c_6 at goliath.newsgroups.com...
> Well, after pulling nearly all of my hair out, I finally have the answer:
> The build process must use internal python directives which reference
> "python" and not "python2.2" or whatever version you have installed. So I
> have python1.5, 2, and 2.2 installed on my RH7.3 system. But "python" is a
> cp of "python1.5".
>
> And it does not matter that you build with the correct version (i.e.
> python2.2 setup.py build).
>
> So the trick is to rename your current distribution (in my case
"python2.2"
> a.k.a "python2.2.1") to "python". And it all comes together.
>
> Thanks for all of your help.

Glad you found the problem. If you think this may be a problem specific to
MySQLdb you should report it as a bug on the
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python site. Or, if it's a bug in
distutils, report it on http://sourceforge.net/projects/python.

If you need any help reporting the bug you can email me.

regards
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com