SOAP frustrations

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Tue Oct 15 16:53:12 EDT 2002

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> transmitted:
> What I don't get is, I figure there's enough people doing web services/
> SOAP with Python that there shouldn't be these problems.  Why then am
> I so frustrated with it?

The problem is that every single one of the implementations was
sponsored by a company that has since gone out of business.  (Not
because their implementation was bad, rather the vagaries of the tech
market these days...)

ZSI looked promising to become the implementation "of choice," but
then Zolera went out of business.  SOAP.py is probably the best option
around, and the fact that it's not necessarily ideal is, well,
unfortunate, but nonetheless the case...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/soap.html