Access PC Sound Card Under Windoze?

Gary Richardson garyr at fidalgo.net
Sat Oct 19 13:17:00 EDT 2002

I've written a wrapper (using CXX & MSVS) for a C++ sound card driver that
allows you to set the sample rate, buffer size, number of channels, bits per
sample and provides direct control of reading and writing.
Data is passed to/from the driver via Python arrays (i.e., via pointers) so
it is quite efficient in that regard. It also releases the GIL when blocking
on input or output so it can be used in a multi-threaded environment.
I've only used it on Win98 but I expect that it would work on a Win2K
system.

I'd be happy to zip up the driver, wrapper and some Python test code and
send it to you if you are interested.

Gary Richardson

news:EpYr9.104399$Cz.11349091 at twister.neo.rr.com...