Windows NT remote registry import

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Tue Oct 8 17:41:25 EDT 2002

On Sun, 06 Oct 2002 16:09:54 -0400, Chris <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

>That's true.
>
>However, in order to keep the question brief,  I failed to mention
>that I need to do it to 100+ machines.
>
>I'm considering writing a loop and having it perform the entries one
>at a time. However, it will take some time to write it this way, since
>there are a number of subkeys (with subkeys, etc.)

How about adding it to a login script (temporarily)?  You can use
regedit from the commad line (even in real mode if you need to), with
the following options (taken from a reskit):

REGEDIT /L:system /R:user filename

	L:system is optional and specifies the location of the
	System.dat file.

	/R:user is also optional and specifies the location of the
	User.dat file.

	Filename is the name of the registry file that will be
	imported.

For example, the following command will import the contents of
Global.reg into User.dat and System.dat:

REGEDIT /L:C:\Windows\ /R:C:\Windows\Profiles\ A:\Global.reg

And AFAICR there is also a /S switch that provides for 'silent'
merges.

HTH

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.