Tkinter Query

Newt newt_e at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 13:04:11 EDT 2002

Ah, but that would mean that spinbox isn't part of the standard Tk interface
(at the moment).

If I use:

lbl = []
for i in [1,2,3,4,5]
  lbl = Label[parent, text="Some text"]
  lbls.append(lbl)

lbls[3].configure(text="New text")

would this work?  Does the lbls list contain the actual lbl objects, or does
it contain references to them. In either case, have I got the sysntax right
and if not  would do I need to do?

TIA

Newt

> There are several places to look.  Martin Franklin reports in <URL:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?th=f327a8feba18f816 > he has patches
> which supply this functionality.  More generally, someone from the
> Inner Cabal is likely to explain how to keep track of the schedule
> for the appearance of Tk 8.4 in Tkinter.  More generally than *that*,

python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/How_20Tkinter_20can_20exploit_20Tcl_2fTk_20exten
sions >