Build trouble: Python 2.1.3 on VMS 7.2

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 21 10:01:19 EDT 2002

    Alder> Thanks to the kind assistance of others in c.o.v I've managed to
    Alder> get past the compiler issue and attempt a fresh build of Python
    Alder> 2.1.3.  It's not the smoothest build, that's for sure.  Anyone
    Alder> else out there manage to build and install this latest release of
    Alder> Python for VMS yet?  I think I'm getting close to something
    Alder> usable, but have stalled at the point shown below.

Have you been in contact with Jean-François Piéronne?  He already ported
2.1.3 to OpenVMS.  Check out FAQ #7.4.  His code is available at

    http://vmspython.dyndns.org/

He's also working on mods for 2.3.  In any case, since he's been down this
path already, he's likely to be able to provide more assistance than us
Windows, Unix, and Mac types.

Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/
http://www.musi-cal.com/