Quick question on mysql-python

mongo57a at comcast.net mongo57a at comcast.net
Sat Oct 5 20:38:52 EDT 2002

Just finished downloading Python 2.2.1. Appears to be working fine. To
complete the installation, I downloaded and executed
MySQL-python-0.9.2-1.i386.rpm. MySQLdb shows up in
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages (as it should). When I attempt to import
MySQLdb I get the following error:

libmysqlclient.so.9: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory
File "MySQLdb/__init__.py, line 27 ?
import _mysql

Well I looked, and  _mysql.so is located in site_packages. I also verified
environment with sys.path and the paths are correct as well. And I am logged
in as "root" so there should be no permissions issue.

Any idea what's wrong???? Thanks.