SOAP frustrations

Culley Angus hades at silentone.com
Tue Oct 15 20:29:44 EDT 2002

I guess the SOAP.py module does have it's quirks,
and I have also had several frustrating experiances with it.

But for me it was the only logical choice, once we made the decision
that python was the language of choice (for many other reasons than
it's SOAP support).

Although it is no longer supported by a commercial concern, the state
of the SOAP.py code is far from immature.
I am currently running it in a python client application, and it works
almost seamlessly with the latest release version of the Apache Axis
framework, which we are running on the server.
We havn't had to change any major functional area of it at all (we did
have to update it a little for python 2.2.1).

It did take a while to figure out how it worked, and we are using a
seperate wrapper module to access it, but it seems to work just fine.

All the best.