SOAP frustrations

Derek Thomson derek at wedgetail.com
Wed Oct 16 02:38:06 EDT 2002

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> In article <3DAC6F04.2030704 at mindspring.com>, Andrew Dalke wrote:
>
>>What I don't get is, I figure there's enough people doing web services/
>>SOAP with Python that there shouldn't be these problems.  Why then am
>>I so frustrated with it?
>

> Maybe most people are using XML-RPC instead of SOAP.

Yes, I found XML-RPC to be quite easy and sensible.

If you want to try something a little odd, check out the xml-rpc branch
of the Fnorb CVS tree on http://sourceforge.net/projects/fnorb.

You can expose your Python objects as CORBA objects, or XML-RPC objects,
or even both at the same time, without changing one line of code. You
just have to register them with differentloy configured object adaptors.

If enough people say, "this is nice", I may merge it into the trunk one
day. I only really did it to prove a point to myself, and I'm not sure
how popular it would be.

--
D.