file operation question

Ivan Brkanac ivan.brkanac at hl.hinet.hr
Wed Oct 16 08:54:40 EDT 2002

Hello I am making little application and in it I am processing some
files
and I decided to make code that rebuilds(fetch from Internet) file if it
is not existing. But I get error message belov is part off the code and
report off error. Problem is as I can see that win don't update file so
fast and when script try to read file again it reads emptyy file. I used
file.close() before opening file again for parsing. Is there any way to
wait until file is closed so that it can be read again

Regards Ivan

        try:
            self.inicijalizacija(open('./tecaji.dat','r'))
        except IOError:
            wxSetCursor(wxHOURGLASS_CURSOR)    # Kursor U hourglas
            import urllib, urllister, urlparse
            f =urllib.URLopener().open(adresa)
            t = f.read() # UÀitamo je u string
            f.close()
            parser = urllister.URLLister()
            parser.feed(t)
            parser.close()
            t = open('./tecaji.dat','w')
            f = urllib.URLopener().open(urlparse.urljoin(adresa ,
parser.urls[0]))
            t.write(f.read())
            t.close
            f.close    # close file
            wxSetCursor(wxSTANDARD_CURSOR) # postavimo normalni kursor
            self.inicijalizacija(open('./tecaji.dat','r')) # AGAIN
				# opening for procesing but it reads empty ??

D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Python>python
pretvorba.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pretvorba.py", line 153, in ?
    app = MyApp(0)
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\wxPython\wx.py", line 1587, in
__init__
    _wxStart(self.OnInit)
  File "pretvorba.py", line 148, in OnInit
    frame = MyFrame(NULL, -1, "Konverzija Valuta Tecaj od ")
  File "pretvorba.py", line 24, in __init__
    self.inicijalizacija(open('./tecaji.dat','r'))
  File "pretvorba.py", line 104, in inicijalizacija
    datum = ND(tecaj[15:19]+tecaj[13:15]+tecaj[11:13])
  File "C:\Python\lib\normalDate.py", line 82, in __init__
    self.setNormalDate(normalDate)
  File "C:\Python\lib\normalDate.py", line 376, in setNormalDate
    raise NormalDateException("Bad integer: '%s'" % normalDate)
normalDate.NormalDateException: Bad integer: ''