No tabs in post PLEASE!!! (was Re: partial list sort)

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Thu Oct 10 12:36:42 EDT 2002

Argh!!

Talking about broken software... sent my post before
I finished it. This must be divine justice for my
arrogance or something like that.

Please excuse my last post :-(

Anyhow, what I wanted to exemplify in my verbose
text, was that maybe it's handling it's tabs correctly
(Alex' software), but since it's inserting a "> " at
the beginning of the line, *some* text gets misaligned
and other doesn't, because tabs don't move, yet spaces
do.

And, then there's the fact about programs having differing
tab settings...

So, actually, sending tabs to someone else, or to an
open forum like Usenet, actually is endangering the sanity
of any source code you might be quoting or inserting.

So, as an act of courtesy, changing tabs to their equivalent
spaces is very much appreciated.  Alas, said courtesy is
sometimes too much to ask.

Please forgive our arrogance.

-gustavo