Which Linux distribution

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 7 12:27:47 EDT 2002

In article <anrjv1$m64$0 at 216.39.172.122>, Bengt Richter wrote:

> IMO it would be nice if RH took that advice for *its* use of
> Python, and left bare "python" for the user to link as he saw
> fit, if s/he didn't like a default convenience setting to the
> latest stable version.

I agree completely.  If RH scripts depend on 1.5.2, then they
should install an interpreter as python152, and call it
explicitly.

Fortunately it will be a moot point as soon as RH 8.2 comes
out.  I'm not upgrading until then -- I got burned upgrading to
6.0 and 7.0 was even worse.  I haven't heard too many reports
on 8.0, so my only conclusion is that those who upgraded to 8.0
must have been killed during the install process when their
computers exploded.  ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm protected by
                                  at               a ROLL-ON I rented from