XML Library from

Raymond Hettinger vze4rx4y at verizon.net
Sun Oct 6 22:11:53 EDT 2002

activepython at listserv.ActiveState.com; xml-sig-admin at python.org
> Subject: Re: XML Library from
>

> from what i remember it's a bit of an odd book: it should be titled "using
> pyxie (I think that was the name)", which is the authors XML library that
> converts XML to/from a simplified text format so you can leverage normal
> text processing tools. There's a review on ibm.com/xml somewhere, which
said
> the library was buggy, I think too you will find some python/xml articles
> there.
>
> Oreilly python/xml was more conventional: DOM/SAX etc.

I highly recommend Python & XML by Chris Jones and Fred Drake.
It's current, readable, highly informative, doesn't presume much, and
quickly gets you up to speed.

Though it's another one of the animal books, I confess that I can't
name the animal on the cover.  It appears to be some sort of rodent
or other type of Python food.

Raymond Hettinger