dbhash/bsddb problem, old bsddb version?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Nov 26 23:05:43 EST 2002

(go bruins!)

    Leston> Hi. I have this nifty web-based address book program that i
    Leston> wrote a couple of years ago in Python. It is hosted on a web
    Leston> host, so i have no control over the way Python or other programs
    Leston> are installed. My web host, which is running a very old version
    Leston> of Red Hat Linux, probably 5.1, recently upgraded from Python
    Leston> 1.5 to 2.2. Now my program doesn't work.
    Leston>     bsddb.error: (-30990, 'Unknown error 4294936306')

If you have shell access to your web host, you need to track down the
db_dump and db_load programs.  Something like

    db_dump address.db > address.txt
    db_load address.db.new < address.txt

should do the trick, though you will probably have to use db_dump185
instead.

If none of this makes any sense or you have no shell access, contact your
tech support people.

Skip Montanaro - (class of '75) - skip at pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/
http://www.musi-cal.com/