mod_python

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 06:22:35 EST 2002

Tetsuo wrote:

> I figured out how to get mod_python to work, at last, but I ran into a
> problem that seems to be fairly common (the solution is harder to find,
> though). Any code inserted into mptest.py works great. But when I make
> another file in the same directory, the last thing that was in mptest goes
> into that file, even if mptest doesn't exist any more. Must be browser
> cache or something... Well, I have no idea, since it's a different file.
> Does Apache have a cache, too? I have heard that some mistake in the
> configuration can make Apache keep referring to mptest. But I can't find
> how to fix it...

Tetsuo,

When you working with embedded interpreters, sometimes you will get
behaviour that you don't expect, i.e. running code that you've deleted,
if the interpreter is not stopped and restarted. The embedded
interpreter may still have a copy of some code, even though you may have
deleted the file that contains the code.

If you see any behaviour you don't expect with mod_python, I highly
recommend that you restart the apache server that contains it.

If you're using windows, there should be a "Restart Apache" option in
the Apache "program group" on the Start Menu.

regards,

--
alan kennedy