Python documentation in DocBook

DaveP DaveP at NEARLYdpawson.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 15:49:15 EST 2002

Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net> wrote in
news:slrnat1o0m.164.gerhard.haering at haering.opus-gmbh.net:

> In article <Xns92C46D565640Ddpawsonfreeservecouk at 216.168.3.44>, DaveP
> wrote:
>> Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Of course I agree that the standard Docbook DTD wouldn't be
>>> sufficient and would need to be extended.
>>>

>> Could you be more specific on this please?
>> Docbook's purpose is to document  software, so if you've
>> found a shortfall, I'm sure the docbook group would be interested in
>> filling any such gaps?
>
> As far as I understand, it is quite normal to extend Docbook to meet
> specific needs. It's specifically designed to be easily extensible.
>
>> What sort of extensions?
>
> See MvL's message in this thread:
>
> http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=m3bs5fbi7l.fsf%40mira.informatik.hu
> -berlin.de
>
> or, shorter URL:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2mhm
>
> many of these aren't supported by the Docbook DTD, yet. \seerfc, for
> example.

That appears to insist on maintaining a solution to a problem?
I'm curious what the problem being solved is, and whether docbook
and its xml toolset could resolve it?

is \seerfc an external reference to an rfc?

<ulink href="url"> .... </ulink> appears to provide the same
functionality if that is the case.

regards DaveP