Python documentation in DocBook

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Fri Nov 15 04:03:06 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Anton Vredegoor wrote:

> It's not that I couldn't get past the sourceforge barrier if I would
> like to do so but having to identify myself using a 128 bits security
> key conflicts with my - maybe naive - notion of not looking a given
> horse in the mouth.

I may be misunderstanding here (not having read the whole thread), but as
I recall, there are 2 "security key" issues with SF that you might be
talking about:-
1) SSL (https) logins;
2) SSH keys.

In 1), I don't believe you are "identifying" yourself - this is about
encrypting the channel, and thus protecting your login password.
Currently the maximum size of the SSL encryption key is 128 bits.  Only
the host (webserver) end has an "identity" in this context.

In 2), these keys are required to be able to use encrypted terminal
sessions, and secure the CVS update process.  These do have an "identity".

If you want to post bugs or documentation patches to the SF tracker, only
1) is ever needed, and you don't have to upload any SSH keys at all.

If you wish to use a browser that doesn't have SSL support, then you do
have a problem.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia