Book recommendation please

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon Nov 4 02:48:28 EST 2002

Bob X wrote:

> "Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message
> news:LAex9.66857$aL4.2045429 at news1.tin.it...
> <snip>
>> Be warned -- I'm biased, having been a technical reviewer for both
>> books (only for the first half, i.e., examples excluded, in the
>> case of "Practical Python"), and being friend with each of the two
>> authors (each kindly reciprocated my reviewing, by serving in turn
>> as technical reviewers for my "Python in a Nutshell").
>
> And "Python in a Nutshell" is coming out....when?   : )

The final draft, including all corrections required by technical
reviews, has been in the editor's hands for almost two months now.
I think it must have ended up queued behind other unrelated books
in O'Reilly's busy schedule.  Sorry, but this means things are now
out of my hands and I'm unable to make sensible predictions.

Alex