python and xchat

**IQ** who at guess.com
Sun Nov 24 15:58:28 EST 2002

Hello
 With my xchat coming as standard with my suse install and me being new to
python and linux, I have no way of knowing if xchat comes configured as
standard to run python scripts.
If it does and all's  I nead is a xchat module so I can do an, import xchat,
within my scripts, were would I get the xchat module, so I could install it
into python.
Or does xchat nead installing again and for me to do a ./configure
--with-python  or something similar?
And then get the xchat module as well.
 Could somebody please advise me, I tried a basic /sysinfo script made out
of python source, which I placed in my ./xchat dir, and it didnt work.
Also upon my xhat tool bar, were it says scripts and plugins, the perl
option, ie, load perl script, is clickable, but the python option is not,
and is shaded out? why is this?
Is it because this version of xchat that I have on my system is not
configured to run python scripts?
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
I am running SuSE 8.1 personal.