Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Nov 21 13:01:30 EST 2002

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/mac/

>> Perhaps worth a look if you haven't checked it out already.
>
> Thx for the lead. I gather the non-commercial Qt is pretty decent? Is
> that just licensing/support/add-ons? ie, It is otherwise current with
> commercial Qt? (The Qt site wanted my life story before it would take me
> to the pricing page. <g>)

If you release under GPL on free OS's, you can freely use a Qt
version that is, indeed, "pretty decent".

If you release under other licenses (not sure about other non-GPL
open source licenses) or for proprietary OS's then I think the
non-commercial versions you're allowed to use are variously crippled.
Basically, if you and/or OS vendors are profiting, trolltech
wants a slice of the action, too;-).

Alex