LAN communication under windows

Marcus Stojek stojek at part-gmbh.de
Thu Nov 28 07:10:34 EST 2002

Hi,

for a little (net) game i am planning, i have to write two components,
a client and a server module. If one of the gamers starts the
clientmodule on his machine this prog has to connect to the server,
register itself with the username and receive a list of users that
have their client module running. When exiting the client module it
has to unregister at the server module. So nothing very special.

Except that I have no idea how to start or where to look? Do I have to
use services or sockets or something else? I am sure there is a simple
example somewhere, but i can't find it.

Any hints or help?

Thanks,
marcus